First responders were paged to the report of a residential fire on the evening of Tuesday, August 29, to 407 South Sullivan Street.
Grant County Dispatch sent the page at 7:35 p.m. regarding a trailer on fire. After responding to the call, firefighters located the fire within the interior of trailer number 10, requiring careful and quick action.
Investigative measures found the source of the fire to be an air conditioning unit. Ultimately, destruction consumed half of the inside structure, according to a spokesperson.
Currently, residents of the home (only identified as of press time as the "Phillips family" have been relocated to temporary housing.
A GoFundMe fundraiser has been established for the Phillips Family by Giselle Lara to aid the family in replacing lost belongings and finding new housing.
Donations can be made via GoFundMe (https://gofund.me/4dcbc096), CashApp ($bmophillips2814), or by contacting Giselle Lara at 620-266-3249 for more information.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here